|Our 2014 Scholarship recipients - Nicole Koenig and Caroline Hilli
Goshen Garden Club's $1,000 Scholarship
Purpose and Philosophy
The Goshen Garden Club has a long established scholarship offered to students
requesting financial assistance and who wish to further their education in Horticulture,
Floriculture, Landscape Design, Conservation, Forestry, Botany, Agronomy, Plant
Pathology, Environmental Control, Land Management, Ecology, Horticultural Therapy and
other related fields.
Criteria for Application
• Student must be graduating or graduated from Wamogo High School. If there is no
eligible candidate from Wamogo, a child or grandchild of a current Goshen Garden Club
member may apply.
• Student must be planning to attend an accredited two- or four-year college or
university on a full-time basis.
• The program of study must be as outlined above.
• Student must be in good standing academically.
The scholarship will be awarded on the basis of academic and personal achievement,
demonstrated interest in one of the above or related fields of study and a personal interview.
The application must be submitted by mail to the Chairman of the Goshen Garden Club
Scholarship Committee. The Chairman for 2014 and 2015 is Marjorie Morris, 12
Shelbourne Court, Goshen, CT 06756. Deadline is April 15th.
Applications must be accompanied by the following:
• A transcript of the student's school record.
• Two letters of recommendation, one academic and one personal.
• A descriptive essay explaining the student's career and academic goals (100 word
Recipient must be available to receive the scholarship check at the June, July or August
Goshen Garden Club meeting. The meetings are generally held the first Thursday of each
month at The Church of Christ Congregational Parish House in Goshen.
|Application is also available at Wamogo Guidance Office